- The Saluki is the world’s oldest dog breed.
- TheUnited States has the highest pet dog population in the world. Approximately 75.8 million in fact.
- There are approximately 600milliondogs in the world.It is estimated that nearly 400M of those dogs are strays.
- Dogs only have sweat glands in their paws.
What do you mean by Vaccination???
Vaccines contain a microorganism or virus in a weakened or killed state, or proteins or toxins from the organism.
What is Vaccine..???
Microbial preparation of killed or modified micro-organisms that can stimulate an immune response in the body to prevent future infection with similar microorganism.These preparation are delivered by injection.
Points That Should Be Considered Before Vaccination.
- Age- Your puppy should be of minimum 8 weeks for first vaccination.
- Health status:Puppy should be healthy enough confirmed by his/her activeness for vaccination.
- Your puppy should be dewormed before vaccination.
- There should be no external discharges.
Vaccine Schedule in Dog…
- The first thing to know is that there is not just one puppy vaccination schedule for all dogs. Factors such as which part of the country you live in, and your dog’s individual risk factors will come into play. Some dogs do not need every vaccine. This decision is between you and your veterinarian.
Factors affecting Vaccination
- Breed of Puppy
Generally accepted guideline of the puppy vaccination schedule for the first year in Context of Nepal.
|S.N Age||Vaccine Against|
|1||8-10weeks||DHPP + L|
|7||@2ndYear||Repeat all vaccine singly|
D= Canine Distemper
H=Infectious Canine Hepatitis P=Parvo virus
Vaccine is easily available at Veterinary Pharmacy. Proper cold chain should be maintained. Price varies according to the manufacturer.
Price Check list
- Rabies Vaccine-Nrs.(100-300) DHPPL- Nrs.(200-300)
- Corona Virus Vaccine= Nrs.(250-350)